Pages

Sunday 2 March 2014

February Favourites



'Tis the time for monthly favourites again! Sorry I have been a little MIA for the past week, but I had a really important assignment and barely had any time free with preparing for it as well as doing normal lab work (which kept me in the lab from 9 in the morning to 7 at night for 4 days straight)... Not good, people... Not good.

Anyway! I am now back and I'm here with a favourites post! I had quite a lot of fun when I was finding my January favourites and it was the same for this month too!!

This is a product which I got for free when I bought a curling wand a couple of months ago... I'd never heard of the brand before, but the product looked very much like the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks and the Revlon Highlighting Palettes, so I was rather excited to try it out! I have the shade "Bronze" and I have found that just by sweeping my brush through all the different coloured layers, I end up with a lovely, slightly shimmery, bronze-y pink colour on my cheeks! I love it!

The powder that I had before this one (it was one from a Greek brand called SEVENTEEN) was rather good, but, if I remember correctly I paid a good €15 for it (about £12.50). So, when I saw the price tag on this one I was sooooo excited! This powder is really amazing. It's transparent, so it's just there to set my foundation and keep it in place all day and it does exactly that! I don't wear a lot of makeup on an everyday basis, but I never neglect using powder, purely because it helps with the lasting power of my foundation!

This has been my go-to product of the month when I have wanted to add a little bit more definition to my lashes. I tend to add a thin line just above my lashline, as well as fill in my upper waterline just to create the effect that I have thicker lashes! It takes a bit of working it into that particular part of the eye, but I've always found it tricky, so I don't think it's specific to this eye pencil.

I bought this when Boots had a 3 for 2 offer going on at the end of January on No7 products. I also had a £5 off voucher, which just made everything super cheap! Yay! Anyway... I seem to be going off on a tangent here, but, needless to say, I have really been loving this cleanser this month! I still prefer my Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, but this one does a great job of taking off my makeup and I have found that I can also use it around my eyes without irritating them!!

I had this one from back in the day when I was on pills to cure my cystic acne. You really only need the teeny tiniest amount and it just injects moisture back into your skin! I had stopped using this once I was off the pills and my skin started getting back to normal. However, my skin recently decided to start acting up and I got a couple of dry (seriously dry and flaky) patches on my face. I've been using this cream on those areas every night and they've completely disappeared! I find it smells a little funky, but hey! It does the job, so why complain?

I got this one a while ago and I have been using it religiously every single time I paint my nails. I have been a nail biter for many years, which has resulted in some of my nails not being as strong as they should be. This seems to help with the situation, but the reason it's in my favourites is because it has kept my nails from staining and becoming yellow from all the nail varnish I have been putting on them! It really is an amazing product, especially for the price!

I was also one of those people who just jumped on the bandwagon that is the Tanya Burr Lips and Nails Collection! And I am so glad I did! I love Tanya! I have loved her since the first videos of hers that I watched! She is just such a happy and bubbly person! So, naturally, I also wanted to try out the result of the project she had been working on for more than a year! I chose two nail polishes ("Midnight Sparkles" and "Little Duck") and this one lipgloss. "Afternoon Tea" is definitely one of the nicest lip glosses I have ever, EVER tried! The colour is amazing and suits my skin tone perfectly! The smell is also lovely and I have found that is not too sticky. Yes, hairs will get stuck in it if it's windy (which it frequently is here in Glasgow!), but it doesn't feel as if they have been superglued to your lips when you try to get them out of your face!

I have probably only used this mascara throughout the whole month! Whenever I look at my collection, trying to choose one to use, I always seem to grab this one. It has a tapered brush (it becomes more narrow towards the end) and I have found that this shape just helps give my lashes more length, as well as more volume! They just make them look so pretty! I wear glasses sometimes and I always find that this mascara does not go well with them! It just makes them so long that they interfere with my glasses!! (So, I'm not complaining really....!)

I love using Lush Bath Bombs, but at aprroximately £3 (or more) a pop, they make for quite expensive baths! Which is why I decided to try using some bath salts! On to FeelUnique I went, where I discovered this brand. They manufacture a few different scents of bath salts, but I opted for this one to help me relax and unwind and help me get sleepy! It turns my bath water into a lovely blu colour and the two times I have used it, it has definitely helped me sleep better! Hmmm.... I think I might go and have another bath, now that I am thinking of it....

And that's it!

Sorry for the ridiculously long post, but I just had so much to talk about! Look out for a new post tomorrow and, if you read this far, thank you (and I hope it wasn't too tiring)!

What products have you been enjoying this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...