Pages

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Benefit The POREfessional Pro Balm Primer




Up until recently, I had never even heard of Benefit... I think living in Greece (or, at least, not living in Athens) may have played a part in that, to be honest! Regardless of that, though, ever since I started getting more into beauty, it seemed to me that this company was just everywhere!


Anyway.... I'm not here to talk about my lack of beauty knowledge, so let's get to it!

I received a sample of The POREfessional Primer from Birchbox last month (I think it was the one thing that every single one of their subscribers got...), and, as I had been hearing all about if for the last couple of months, I gave it a go.

Now, let's keep in mind that I can't actually see my pores. I used to when I was a teenager, but ever since I went through with my acne treatment, my skin has become very, very sensitive and ridiculously dry (even though it was supposed to go back to being oily after...). So, I can't really comment on how good this product is for minimising pores. However, this primer is amazing for keeping my makeup in place! I've tried it with a couple of foundations that I know don't last me all day and it definitely extends the time they stay on my skin. As I've mentioned before, I am not really big on touching up makeup on the go or when I am at work, so this is a huge plus for me! Just being able to slather on the makeup in the morning and forget about it until you get back home at night! Aaah! Bliss!

The primer itself has a rather balm-y texture and is a light to medium beige colour. I actually thought it would make my skin look darker, but it does nothing of the sort. Just a few little dabs all over the face and a bit of massaging it in, and you are good to go! It makes everything look much more matte and, as I mentioned, I haven't even got oily skin.

I only downside I can find for this product is the price. At £24.50 for a 22ml tube, it feels a bit on the pricey side for me and my budget, while still falling within the price range that Benefit offer. It's one of those products that I wouldn't hesitate to buy, but I would also be on the lookout for something that works just as good as this but for a smaller price tag.

Have you tried The POREfessional Primer? What were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...