Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

My Haircare Routine


When it comes to hair, I really am not that fussy. I just want products that will clean my hair well and won't leave too strong a scent. That being said, I have recently upped the ante on my haircare routine, as I have found that my hair tends to go a little flat, especially as it's getting longer.

I tend to wash my hair once every two or three days, as I am a firm believer that too much washing does not do it any good. It strips it of all the natural oils and it tends to get greasy much, much faster, as the scalp produces excess oils just to make up for the ones that were lost during washing. My hair usually lasts very well for a full two days and whenever I decide to leave it for a third day, I always use dry shampoo.

The reason there are two shampoo bottles in the photo is because I have a slight problem... I don't know how, but my scalp ALWAYS seems to know when I use the same shampoo two times in a row and gets oily much faster. So, I always switch between shampoos, to prevent that from happening! (You have to see how many bottles I have on the go right now... It's embarrassing...) The ones that I have been reaching for the most recently are the Aussie Mega Shampoo for Everyday Use and the Trevor Sorbie Volume Shampoo. The Aussie one is very lightweight, smells faintly of strawberry jelly and I love using it. On the other hand, the Trevor Sorbie one has a really thick consistency and is really difficult to get out of the tube, but does the job of adding volume to my hair very well!

For conditioner, I have been using the Avon Advance Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner. I like this conditioner, but it is definitely not my favourite one. It does the job though, so until it's finished, I'm not going to rush out and get a new one.

The two recent additions to my haircare routine are the TRESemmé Salon Smooth Serum with Argan Oil and the Schwarzkopf got2b Volumising Spray Mousse. The TRESemmé serum I also mentioned in my January favourites and I am still loving it. I apply it just to the ends of my hair and it has really helped keep my hair nice and soft. I seem to be using it up at an alarming rate, though... As for the volumising spray, while I've only used it a handful of times, I am really loving it! I apply it to the roots of my hair in various (not very well defined) sections and massage it in. It definitely does just what it says on the can! I'll have more to say about it when I've used it for longer, though..

What does your haircare routine include?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...