Pages

Friday 7 February 2014

Lush Helping Hands Hand Cream



Back in September, while I had been walking up and down the main streets of Glasgow, I happened to notice this shop called Lush and I realised that this was the shop so many beauty bloggers and vloggers talk about! I hadn't seen one of their stores before, despite regular visits to the UK (which I thought was rather weird when I realised how big a company they are). So, in I went, intrigued by the look of the shop, as well as the smells coming out of it!

On that first foray into the world of Lush, I did buy a couple of bath bombs to try out (and proceeded to have my fist actual bath after years and years of showers), but my most important purchase was the Helping Hands Hand Cream.

I actually have eczema on my hands and it usually flares up in very cold or humid weather, or if I neglect moisturising my hands for too long. As I was running out of my regular hand cream, I decided to try this offering from Lush. According to the label, it was actually invented to help people who have really dry and over-washed hands. Since I work in a lab, I have to wear gloves most of the time. And when I'm not wearing gloves, I have to keep my hands clean and sterile with ethanol. So, I thought this sounded perfect for me!

And indeed it was! I apply it (rather liberally) on to my hands every night and, when I wake up in the morning, I have the softest hands ever! The smell of it is pleasant, without being too lingering or overpowering, which is a definite plus!

The guy who was helping me in store actually told me that this was the lightest hand cream they offer and that it doesn't leave your hands feeling greasy. I have found that it does feel rather greasy, which is why I have got into the habit of using it only at night.

At £7.50 for 100g, it might not be the cheapest hand cream around, but it also isn't the most expensive. Keep in mind that a little goes a really long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...