Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

The Look #1 : Eveyday Makeup



I thought I'd start a little series to do every now and then on this blog, showing a look I have worn, either on a day-to-day basis, or even, on an evening out! I haven't thought about it much... So maybe it will be makeup, maybe it will be an outfit, or maybe both! Let's just see how it goes, shall we? 

I decided to start it off with something that I wear on a regular basis. This kind-of neutral look is very much up my alley, as I don't really like to feel as if I am wearing a lot of makeup (or look like it, either). Especially for work days. I work at a research lab at the University, so I pretty much wear a lab coat all day long and I am just running up and down doing experiments and other science-y stuff. Meaning I don't want to be wearing a lot of stuff on my face that could potentially smudge left, right and centre.

For this look, I have washed and moisturised my face, before coming in with any makeup products. So, first of all, I applied the Bourjois Happy Light Base Serum Matte (I have the Normal to Combination Skin version) using my fingers and then, came in with the No7 Essentially Natural Foundation in "Calico" using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I have never been one for using too many products on my face, but I have found that the No7 foundation feels much better on my skin when I have applied a primer beforehand.

To conceal the dark circles beneath my eyes (damn you internet for keeping me up late!), I used the Soap & Glory Trick and Treatment Dark Circle Concealer. I have found that this blends in much better using my fingers than it does with any brush I've tried it with!

Next, I applied just a teensy weensy bit of bronzer just underneath my cheekbones (at which I feel as if I've failed spectacularly, as I can't see it at all in the photo!). The one I have used is the Rimmer SunShimmer Bronzing Compact Powder in "Light Matte". I got this in a very light shade on purpose, as I still don't think I've grasped the concept of contouring and thought that this would be a good way to start (as it's so light coloured). On my cheeks, I have used the Collection Blush in the shade "Bashful", which is my favourite blush at the moment! It gives me just the right amount of colour to work with and it looks very natural!

To seal everything in, I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in "Transparent". This one is a relatively new purchase for me and I have to say, I am loving it!

To finish off the look, I decided to use a little bit of mascara and some lipstick. For mascara, the one I've used here is the Body Shop Big and Curvy Mascara in "Black", which is quickly turning into a favourite! I have naturally long eyelashes and this mascara does an amazing job of lengthening them just the right amount, as well as separating them! On my lips, I have used another Body Shop product: their Colourglide Lip Colour in "Pink Ginger".

So, that's it for my first "look" post! Whew!

Do let me know if you've tried any of the products I used for this look...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...